Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A few test shots with the X-Pro2

Tomorrow is my first real day out shooting with the X-Pro2. Up to now I've just been trying different settings and getting the feel of all the buttons. Plenty of reviews and blogposts on all that stuff by photographers who are much more concerned with tech details and such than I am.

I played with the ACROS film simulation because I was curious to compare the camera output with the ACROS film simulation preset in NIK Silver Efex Pro 2. And I was also curious about it because in my film days (eons ago) I loved shooting with Fuji Neopan 100, 400, and 1600. So here's a few shots of comparison. In General I found that the ACROS jpgs generated by the camera were tonally more pleasing that those made with the Silver Efex Pro preset.

In this first set, the top images was SOOC, the second with the Silver Efex preset,




Again with this set, the top image is SOOC, the second made with the Silver Efex preset, and the third made with my customized processing in Silver Efex.






No comments:

Post a Comment