Sunday, December 27, 2015

Cuba Trip - Day 3 (part 1)

On the third day in Cuba my group took a bus ride to the city of Cienfuegos on the southern coast. The ride took about 3 1/2 hours through the Cuban countryside. Cienfuegos is on a beautiful bay, and has a small Jewish community (that was the focus of our visit to the city) of about 70 people. More on that in a later post.

At a pit stop along the highway:



The proud owner of a 'hybrid' vehicle, a work in progress. The old cars of Cuba are all a mishmash  of parts. The Cuban people are creative mechanics who can put a diesel tractor engine in a Buick body. With absolutely no pollution control.



I heard kids voices as I walked down a side street. Stuck my head in the window and the kids started mugging for me.



Wagons are an important means of transportation in the countryside.








No comments:

Post a Comment