Sunday, May 31, 2015

A Walk in Queens

I intended to spend the afternoon at the Celebrate Israel Day parade on Fifth Avenue, and later in Central Park at the Israel Music Festival. But I paid too much attention to the weather forecast and actually believed that there would be thunderstorms this afternoon. I know I missed some great photo opportunities. I'll have to try again next year.

On Friday, in an attempt to break out of my humungous block, I went to a completely new neighborhood for a walk. I took the #7 train to Jackson Heights and walked along Roosevelt Avenue. It's an interesting neighborhood with a varied mix of ethnicities. The elevated rail line makes for some interesting compositions, but some very difficult lighting situations also - bright sunlight and deep shadows. I don't think I quite crawled out of my doldrums, but it was a start. I'd like to be there when there are more people on the street.



No comments:

Post a Comment