Thursday, May 22, 2014

Just For Fun Today

Took a walk just for the hell of it, today. Needed to deliver some prints in Greenwich Village, and I stopped into a gallery to see some photos. Then went out to shoot. I had the Fuji hand grip on my X-T1 (not the battery grip) for the first time, and because it was a gray day I used the 23mm f1.4 lens to optimize flexibility with the flat light. Because of the extremely shallow depth of field, I find it difficult to work with the aperture wide open. So that's what I did, set the f stop to 1.4.

I thought the hand grip would give me a bit more traction with the camera, but I didn't like the extra weight. Since the grip is fastened with an allen screw, and I didn't have the wrench with me I was stuck with it for the afternoon, but when I got home I took the grip off to remind myself of how the camera handled without it. I guess it depends on the size of one's hand, but I really don't need it. I may sell it down the road.

The experiment at f1.4 was a challenge because the focus has to be spot on, which is difficult with moving subjects. But this guy wasn't going anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment