Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Last From New York Comic Con

One last post about the New York Comic Con. I haven't been able to get out much these past two weeks because my transition from the old computer to the new has not been smooth. No fault of Apple's. The new machine was just such a shock to my whole setup that things started to crap out. First it was my APC battery back up unit - the battery died, and it was better in the long run to replace the whole unit rather than just the old battery. After I installed that my FIOS tuner went to hell, and then my old HP printer flipped out. After I replaced the tuner I got a new Epson all-in-one printer.

About the printer: I'm no fan of Epson printers or tech support, nor am I an advocate of all-in-one machines - I have avoided them assiduously. But Apple gave me a coupon after buying the iMac to be used on a peripheral, so I got the printer. It worked fine ..... but ...... the paper didn't feed in evenly and the print came out askew on the page. So, pack it up and ship it back to Apple, wait for a new printer. I could go on, but what's the point?

One last image to process from the Comic Con. A little over the top for me, but then again the whole Comic Con experience was over the top, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment