Tuesday, May 7, 2013

What's Up With That?

I spend a lot of time in Manhattan. The pickings for street shooting are so abundant  there that every time I come out of Penn Station I hear midtown calling to me. Sometimes I go for a long walk - usually about three miles - uptown, downtown, crosstown. And sometimes I find a good spot, sit, and watch the parade go by. The stores on Fifth Avenue are an abundant source of characters for me. But one thing I don't understand - maybe it's my ancient sensibilities - is the attraction for people to stand in line outside the Abercrombie & Fitch store just to get in and pay an outrageous price for cloth stitched together in China. I might expect it on a weekend when there's lots of tourists and weekend shoppers from out of town, but during the week? Could it be the scantily clad models they have walking around the selling floor?

That seems so crass, but then again, so are the shoppers that wait in line, to wit:




No comments:

Post a Comment