Friday, October 19, 2012

The Look

For the past week or so I've been focused in on hand gestures, body language, and facial expressions of looks between couples (and/or me). Walking on the street or sitting in one spot, a streettog has to always be alert and aware of serendipitous moments when they pop up, ready to grab the shot.

As I walked down Fifth Avenue the other day I saw three mannequins in a window, and the gentleman in front of them perfectly centered. He looked as though he were waiting for his wife to show up with yet another bag for him to carry. I think he had no idea why I was so interested in taking a photograph of him.




When I picked up my X-Pro1 to frame this shot ( I don't always shoot from the hip), the woman saw the motion and the corners of her lips turned up into a grin for my shot, then her friend said something that made her break into this wonderful smile.



I noticed this interesting looking gentleman putting on his sunglasses, and when I raised the camera to take the shot he looked directly at me.



No comments:

Post a Comment