Sunday, June 17, 2012

Saturday in Central Park with the Fuji X Pro-1

Saturday was a spectacular day in New York...... mid 70's, a few wispy clouds, no humidity. Central Park was humming with buskers and strollers and there was an impromptu OWS event at the Bethesda Fountain, so lots of interesting folks were about.

The last time I was in Central Park with the express purpose of shooting was two years ago with my D700. At that time I was playing around with HDR software (Nik Software's HDR Efex Pro) so the focus of my attention was totally different. After my flirtation with HDR I settled back to my roots from when I was first learning my craft from my photo mentor. I wish were still in touch with him.



Where is Charles Atlas when you need him!!!

4 comments:

  1. That´s a excellent shot. Really a good character you have captured here. Works good with the 2+2 people standing left and right for him. What a great weather in NY. Here in Viborg is 13 degree (55 fahrenheit) and a lot of rain. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Gene! I am following you since I found you in 500px... I find your photo-style very originally (in matter of post-production) and, at the same time, really "street"!
    GREAT!
    (PS: X-Pro 1 is my dream)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡La fauna humana es genial!. Y tĂș sabes captarla como muy pocos.

    ReplyDelete